What does it mean to be Successful Busy or to be Chaotic Busy?
Successful busy is having structure in your daily routine, scheduling your time well and feeling less anxious.
Chaotic busy means running from meeting to meeting, trying to get to your next appointment and feeling you have not accomplished much.
To have success in business or in personal life, the key is to plan your work and work your plan to be productive and to achieve goals.
Maximize the hours in your day to be Successful Busy NOT Chaotic Busy:
1. Create a balance in your work and personal life. It is important to take care of yourself by eating right, exercise and getting enough sleep. By doing this you will make better decisions you are in daily life.
2.. Plan out your week and weekend. Using a Google Calendar to schedule your tasks, meetings, trainings, etc. can help you stay on track in the time you are using. Having your calendar online gives easy access to view your day, add, or make changes as needed.
3. Identify where your “time wasters” are in the day. Turn off your notifications when you are working to complete your projects, have your phone on vibrate. This will help you to be on your time and not someone else’s who is sending you a text or email. You can lose half the day in working just by stopping what you are doing to read your notifications.
4. Know your limits in what you can do in one day. Prioritize your day by doing the most important tasks first followed by the least important. This will help to provide a better quality of work in completing all tasks on time and meeting deadlines.
5. Reflect on the day and what has been accomplished. This will help you to see what is working well and what needs to be done differently.
6. Make a list of your tasks, to-do, and extra work you do throughout the day and see where you can delegate your workload. You will feel a sense of relief and added more time in your day.
By planning your work and working you plan, you will move forward, reach your goals, feel satisfied without feeling frustrated, exhausted by the end of the day.